Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 frustrations - multipoint connections, equalisation, balance

profile.country.GB.title
Stickledown
Explorer

WH-1000XM3 frustrations - multipoint connections, equalisation, balance

Hello,

I've been trying out the WH-1000XM3 headphones against the Bose QC35 II. The dream would be to combine the two! The Sony's do seem to sound a bit better, and have more controls, but the Bose win hands down in connectivity and stability. The maddening thing is that most of what is bad about the Sonys is software.

The physical switch on the Bose is a winning feature. The obviously can't be easily fixed on the Sonys. But maybe someone can offer solutions for these other things?

Multipoint connection: Like a lot of other people, I would like to be connected to my iPhone and my MacBook simultaneously.  I've tried the steps on the Redit link

https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/comments/bze0b9/found_100_reproduceable_way_to_enable_multipoint/

but cannot reproduce it for myself. Can anyone offer suggestions here?

The other frustration is this: my hearing is not perfectly balanced. The Sony headphones win here, as one can adjust the sound position. Perfect! And then I can adjust the equalisation too, so that it sounds best for me. Oh, hang on, now the sound position has reset to the centre. 

Put the position back to front left... and the equalisation goes flat again. Etc etc.

Why can I not have use the balance and equalisation at the same time???? Anyone got an idea?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Stickledown

Welcome to the Community. 

You could try contacting
Sony Support about this.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Stickledown
Explorer

Thanks for that suggestion. I called, and spoke to a nice, helpful, and knowledgable chap. He sympathetically listened, and agreed on all the points. Yes, multipoint connectivity is almost essential these days - most people have a few devices in front of them, switching between them without having to disconnect bluetooth from one etc should be possible. Yes, it could be fixed in software. Yes, it's a reasonable request. Yes, setting the tone to your choosing is good, that's why it's possible. Yes, setting the left/right balance to your choosing is preferable, that's why is't possible. Yes, it's idiotic that you can't do both! Yes, it's annoying that your preferences are not remembered next time you use your headphones. But no... none of these things can be fixed right now.

But he said it would be fed back to the developers...