Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 loud clicking sound when listening to music

profile.country.GB.title
rickkralt
New

WH-1000XM3 loud clicking sound when listening to music

Hey everyone!

For some reason i hear loud clicks when the kick hits in some songs, not all of them. It's randomly in my left or right ear. This is super annoying.

Here's an example at 0:30.

The clicking always happens (when NC is turned on/off or ambient sound is on), and the volume in Windows is 40. It also happens when connected to my Samsung Galaxy S10E.

Does anyone else have this issue? If it can't get fixed i'm probably going to choose another headset because it drives me crazy!

JKuch & Adam Tell - Data Loss https://fanlink.to/data-loss @JKuch instagram.com/jkuchmusic/ facebook.com/JKuchOfficial/ twitter.com/JKuchOfficial @Adam-Tell instagram.com/AdamTell/ facebook.com/AdamTellMusic twitter.com/AdamTellMusic 🌌
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Rick, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here for advice regarding this.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.US.title
mkbest

Hi!

I had the same issue with my WH-1000XM2's. Turned out there was a hair tapping on the speaker. You'll need to take off the cushion/pad and look if there's anything tapping on the speaker (under the foam). If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, visit a Sony technician. I was able to fix it myself by propping up the cushion with a credit card and lifting the foam with my fingers. Then I used a toothpick to guide the hair away from the speaker.

If you have a beard and wore your headphones on your neck, then I'm even more confident that this is it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Maciej