Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-1000xm3 loud hiss from noise cancelling

profile.country.GB.title
Panifex
Explorer

Wh-1000xm3 loud hiss from noise cancelling

My headphones were working well, but have now started making a terrible loud noise in the right ear whenever noise cancelling is turned on.  

Resetting makes no difference.

Anybody else had this? 

59 REPLIES 59
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Panifex and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

if a reset didn't help and the hiss only occurs in noise cancelling mode

then it sounds like you're probably going to have to get in touch with  Support,

details here

Have a look at this page too just in case that helps at all.

profile.country.GB.title
Panifex
Explorer

OK - thanks.

Yes, reset didnt help and the hiss is only in noise cancelling mode (and it's getting worse)

Raised a ticket with support.

Hopefully, should be able to just swap them out. They are only 2 weeks old.

profile.country.GB.title
Panifex
Explorer

Just an update - Sony have asked me to send them back for assessment and repair.

I am going to check with the retailer first whether I can just swap them or get my money back. I don’t really want to be without headphones for however long the repair process lasts.

if I do send them back for repair, I’ll report here what the problem was in case anyone else suffers the same thing.

fritz503
New

Hello, did you end up swapping them and did the hissing stop? Having the exact same problem with mine. Not sure to swap them for a new pair or refund my money entirely.

I got the same problem. Hissing noise from right speaker in NC mode. Started after a few hours of use.

profile.country.GB.title
williamg97
New

I have the same problem. Came on after using a brand new pair after 20 minutes. Terrible hissing / white noise sound only in the right headphone. I can hear it no matter if music is playing or not when ANC is on (problem goes away if you turn off ANC). Wearing them the wrong way round I still only get it in the same headphone. On the latest firmware (2.0.0). Going to return them unless someone can advise a fix!

Have this issue on my pair also, right ear cups sounds like a slight wind is blowing. Most dissapointing, not sure if it's a design fault or a faulty pair or firmware isssue.

profile.country.GB.title
sachadr
Explorer

Same issue for me. Had them for a day. I decided to let the firmware update to latest, 4.1.1 and since then I have the white noise primarily in right ear. Hope they put out a fix/patch soon. 😞

I got hold of a pair of these today (2nd May 2019) and they are great, apart from the white noise with the NC on... at first I thought it was part of the process of noise cancellation, but then I realised it was only in one ear. Sad to see so many others with the same issue, but kind of glad because though the white noise isn’t awful, knowing that it’s not normal means that a fully functioning pair must be amazing. Going to take them back to John Lewis for an exchange.