Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 Terrible call quality (background noise)

profile.country.GB.title
Lolobedo23
Explorer

WH-1000XM3 Terrible call quality (background noise)

Dear Sony Support

I received my Sony WH1000XM3 some days  ago.
I really can't call people or receive calls, because the sound quality is too poor: people don't understand me (my voice is too low with echo/reverb) and they hear their own voice.
I just tried to reset the device by pressing NC and Power during 7 seconds. It reset the Headset, it still has Firmware V2.0

What should I do? Send back the product ? Wait for an update ?
I'm very disapointed because I want to use this Headset also for calling with hand free, not only listening to music.

Looking forward to hearing from you
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Lolobedo23, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
m5barney
New

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this? I have swapped mine for a new pair 3 times now, kept the software up to date, and all are the same. Fine in a quiet room, but useless for calls outside. It's shameful for such an expensive piece of kit, that is otherwsie awesome. 

profile.country.GB.title
m5barney
New

Pascale? Why the lack of response? 

profile.country.SE.title
NiklasSv
Explorer

I'm to having this issue. 

I bought the xm3:s since the press and online reviews were giving them top grades.

But my old bose QC 35 is sooooooo incredibly much better with call sound quality.

profile.country.GB.title
m5barney
New

I have spoken to Support and they are useless. They ask a bunch of standard questions and then tell you to swap them for a warranty replacement. I have done this 3 times already. 

I get the feeling Sony know there is a big problem and are burying their head in the sand over it...?

I am recommending the Bose to anyone who asks me about mine now, as the call issue makes them so annoying to use on a daily basis. 

profile.country.GB.title
insonifi
New

Seems, everybody concerned agree that call quality is almost non-existent. Did anybody get any clear response from Sony yet? Want to know whether there is any hope while I still can return them. :worried:

profile.country.FI.title
rakkuj

Sony Finland support:

"I got more information from our technicians, and they said there was no difference in the headset since the last update. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that the headphones are under warranty for this, but you can, of course, choose to send our headphones to Infocare at our service center  if you feel that the headset has something abnormal"