Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3, what charger works?

profile.country.FI.title
notrace
Explorer

WH-1000XM3, what charger works?

What chargers have you gotten to work with the WH-1000XM3 headset? It seems USB 3 devices often come without a charger? The headphones did (to my surprise) and my wife's phoe did too. The only USB3 devices we currenty have. My wife's phone charges from an USB2 charger with an USB type A connector. The headphones charging light lights up for a few seconds and then turns off. If I connect the headphones to my computer (with the same cable) they charge. I have tried bot the Sony supplied cable and my wife's phone's cable, both work the same.

I'm guessing the fast charging of the headphones needs a little bit more power than from an USB2 charger. But it would be nice if they charged at a slower pace from older chargers. The charging light could indicate that in some way?

Specially that it lights up and one has to wait to check if the charging works is frustrating. The light could blink while it checks the charger to indicate it is not charging yet. First few times I put down the headphones before the light turned off and was quite surprised when they were not fully charged.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Notrace,

The manual advises that you use a "USB Type-C cable (supplied) and a USB AC adapter (sold separately)". You can find out more here and there's more detailed information about the USB AC adapter here.

Best wishes,

Ed