Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 won't charge

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
kbarnak
Explorer

WH-1000XM3 won't charge

I recewived my headphones yesterday 11th Septemebr 2018 and they just won't charge. Tried on Mac tried on USB charge but they won't charge at all. Sony Help Guide for previous model WH-1000XM2 says charge directly to a computer - Why?? The computer must not hibernate, Anyway Ive done all that and updated them because I managed to pair them (with the Sony Headphone App showing the battery empty ) to my iphone. They just will not charge.

I had tried before pairing them to the iphone , to reset to factory settings but that didn't do anything.

I'll be taking them back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @kbarnak

Is there any particular reason you're not plugging the charger that came with them 

into an A/C outlet?

2018-09-12_13-01-15.jpg

If you have and they still dont charge it may be worth testing another lead.

(Edit - apologies to @IamNic. regarding the possible broken lead, you posted while it took me ages to type lol)

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @kbarnak,

maybe the cable is broken.

You are right, that it shouldn't matter, if you charge it on the USB-port of a computer or on a phone-charger.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @kbarnak

Is there any particular reason you're not plugging the charger that came with them 

into an A/C outlet?

2018-09-12_13-01-15.jpg

If you have and they still dont charge it may be worth testing another lead.

(Edit - apologies to @IamNic. regarding the possible broken lead, you posted while it took me ages to type lol)

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@jumpsuit  schrieb:

No harm done :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
kbarnak
Explorer

Thank you very much jumpsuit for pointing out my mistake. Like I ‘d said , I had tried charging via Mac and via USB hub. Success came when jumpsuit prompted me to read instructions ‘ attach cable to USB AC Adapter’ , so , they’re charged and pretty wonderful.

Happy I asked Community to help me- Cheers

Keith

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @kbarnak

No worries :slight_smile:

Glad they're sorted.

profile.country.GB.title
KE55ARD
Explorer

My headset absolutely will not charge either. I got it a few days ago and it charged on the first day up to about 60% ok then I let it do an update...

Since then every which way I've tried charging it has not worked. The little red light comes on to SAY it's charing, but no matter how long I leave it for, when I unplug and repair it says 10%, then complains about low battery and turns off.

I've tried the cable it comes with plugged into my laptop, an AC adaptor and a portable battery.

I've tried a USBC to USBC cable from a charger in my car and from the same portable battery but nothing seems to get the charge level up since the update (which added alexa or google assistant or some crap).

profile.country.GB.title
Pontsius
Explorer

I have the exact same problem when charging. Tried charging in all differnt ways. But either way it says it is Now ok battery.  Had it One day, after first charge it was 60% then i made some program update and after that... Doesn't work...

profile.country.GB.title
corycorycorycory
Explorer

I have had mine for about 2 weeks and suddenly they won’t charge past 60%. I have tried everything. Different power adapters, reset

profile.country.GB.title
KE55ARD
Explorer

To follow up my previous post, just want to let people know I managed to get mine successfully repaired under warrenty with Sony, so if anyone else is having this issue this is probably your best course of action.