Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000xm4 does not work in video conferences

profile.country.DE.title
Lionpalmchrystal
New

WH-1000xm4 does not work in video conferences

Hello,

I bought the Sony wh1000-xm4 for two reasons professionally:

- Noisecancelling function due to open plan office.
- Simultaneous use as a headset for video conferencing.

Unfortunately, I noticed immediately after purchase that when I dial into the video conferencing tools commonly used in Germany (Webex, BigBlueButton, Zoom, Skype, etc.) via my Lenovo laptop (Windows 10), volume control is no longer possible (either via the headset or the laptop). On my smartphone, however, the volume control works perfectly in online conferences. I can therefore not use the headphones for work, because the participants in the online conferences are either infinitely loud or much too quiet to hear and no adjustment of the volume is possible. Otherwise, the headphones work flawlessly. With headphones from Bose or JBL, the volume control in the online conferences also works.

What I have tried so far:
- Reset and initialization of the headset.
- Complete uninstallation and reinstallation of the Windows drivers
- Contacted Customer Support

The answer from Customer Support was not helpful at all, they did not even try to help me. The technical department says that only the functionality of calls via smartphones can be guaranteed. However, when using third-party apps, the functionality would not be guaranteed. I find this statement very weak, since these headphones should of course also be able to be used for online conferencing and the competitor products do work. I cannot imagine that Sony's flagship should not be suitable for online conferencing.
Does anyone have similar experiences or advice for me?
Many thanks for your support!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

If it works with your phone then it should work with your PC as well - in principle.

Most likely it's an issue of your PCs audio/BT driver that doesn't seem to accept volume commands from the headsets.

Please also make sure, that your headphones are running the latest software.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.DE.title
Lionpalmchrystal
New

Hello Peter,
thank you very much for your answer!
According to the Sony Headphones Connect app, the latest software is installed.

I also thought about trying it with an older Bluetooth (BT) driver, but shy away from it because, the volume control works indeed with Bose and JBL headphones even in online conferences.
My laptop is a 1 year old Lenovo T490 - otherwise working flawlessly.

Basically you should not install older BT drivers, but can you tell me how to do that?

Have a great Sunday!