Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4: Suddenly no audio from right ear

profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

WH-1000XM4: Suddenly no audio from right ear

They were working fine yesterday. Put them on charge last night, came to use them this morning and only sound from left cup. 

Yes, they've been re-paired

Yes, they're using the latest firmware

Yes, I've checked audio settings on all the devices I want to use them with (MacBook Pro M1 Max and iPad Pro 2020). 

I have the latest version of the Headphones app on my iPad 

Any ideas, folks? This really is critical, as my situation means they're in constant daily use. I cannot - and I mean CANNOT - be without them. I'm actually, as ridiculous as this may sound, having a panic attack as I type this. 

I have Asperger's. Without wanting to go too much into how broken the social care system is here in the UK, I have been put in a care home for people with severe learning disabilities, complex needs and associated behavioural issues. That's not me. I have Asperger's and sensory processing disorder. Music is how I try to cope (the noise level in here has made me very ill). Currently, as I type this, the lad down the landing is banging his door. Again. He does this constantly to get attention. Staff just leave him to bang. It's destroying me (that might sound hyperbolic to someone who's neuro-typical, but imagine the world on max volume).

I can't be without my headphones. Not for a second. I can't send them to Sony, and I can't take them to an authorised service centre because I'm too burnt out and ill to leave this room (not that I'd know where one is, in any case). 

I can't imagine what's happened to them overnight to cause this. They get plugged in, and hung over the bar of a chair. The issue is completely device-agnostic. Devices have been restarted. The Mac is running macOS 12.1, the iPad iPadOS 15.2. These are the latest software versions.

Any help, please...? I'll have to go back to using my Bose 700s, but I've an issue with them constantly cutting out. The XM4s are - well, were - the only pair which worked perfectly.

Thank you

Sarah

0 REPLIES 0