Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-1000xm4 wired sound issue

profile.country.GB.title
markrw1972
Explorer

Wh-1000xm4 wired sound issue

since yesterday i have had issues when connecting the headphones to my ps4 controller. I even tried them connected to the tv and had the same issue. Every few minutes the sound cuts out for 10 to 20 seconds then comes back. i hear a beep, it goes then another beep and its back. Today i discovered it is only when the headphones are turned on. If i turn them off i get the sound without any problems. Of course this means I cant benefit from functions like noise cancelling.

the headphone app updated recently, could that be the cause? Bluetooth connections currently work ok but i cant connect to certain things via bluetooth.  I have only had the headphones less than two months.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
markrw1972
Explorer

Just to add to this i have found connecting via 3.5mm to a music system with the headphones turned on they work fine. So it seems my issue is solely when receiving the ps4 sound and the headphones are turned on. This is whether connected to the ps4 controller or to the tvs headphone slot.

profile.country.GB.title
markrw1972
Explorer

The issue seems to be solved. While looking around the headphone app I discovered speak to chat had been turned back on somehow. It seems that was causing the issue. How it was only being triggered while gaming, I don't know. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi markrw1972, thank you for updating the thread, I recommend you test it for few days before marking the thread to “solved”.