Join now - be part of our community!

WH-H910N Distorted sound from left driver

profile.country.GB.title
adyburns
Explorer

WH-H910N Distorted sound from left driver

I have a pair of WH-H910N h.ear on 3 headphones that came bundled with an Xperia 5 mkII phone from Virgin Media. Purchase date  18-02-2021.

Very happy with them until yesterday, when I noticed the left hand driver was distorting/vibrating. The last time I used them all was fine, so this is a sudden and unexplained issue. I've played all kinds of different tracks (high and low bass, etc) and whatever I play, the left driver distorts/vibrates. I'm concerned the driver is damaged or something else inside is loose/damaged, hence causing the vibration.

There's no visible damage from the outside and nor should there be, as I've looked these headphones with great care, always placing them in the storage pouch after use and storing them in a safe place. They literally look brand new.

I've gone through all the sensible checks like re-starting the headphones, re-starting the phone, re-pairing, and even using a cable instead of Bluetooth, but the problem still persists.  So, in short, I'm pretty certain there is a problem with the left driver.

I have a local Sony repair centre but, when I tried to book a repair via the Sony website, I got the following message... "Some products are classified as 'in-warranty exchange' (IWX) because they are not economic to repair. This includes the majority of portable audio products and accessories. If you have one of these, or a low cost item, please contact your dealer for advice on the relevant repair route."

So, I need advice as to what to do next. Who do I need to contact regarding this issue.

Many thanks!

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey adyburns, the headphones goes to Pencoed, try calling them: 01656 867347.