Join now - be part of our community!

which headphone is better?

SoDlafero
Explorer

which headphone is better?

I am condisering to buy a noise cancellation headphone... with a little research on google, I locked on two headphone which are Bose QC35 and Sony MDR-1000x, it seems that the QC35 is better in noise cancellation, which is review in http://10trumps.com/best-headphones-with-microphone/, however, comparing the official description of  QC35(https://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Wireless-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B01E3SNO1G/ref=sr_1_1?s=e...) and 1000x(https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Headphone-MDR1000X/dp/B01KHZ4ZYY/ref=sr_1_2?s=elect...), I think the 1000x is much more better...

can anyone give me some suggestion ?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know its been a little over a week since you posted your question.  Obviously I cannot tell you which one is better as I have not tried the Bose QC35 - However I have tried the MDR-1000X headphones at IFA2016 and they really are quite good.

I did find another link for you to read:

http://www.afr.com/technology/how-sony-mdr1000x-finally-beat-bose-to-become-the-king-of-travel-headp...

Cheers

Sony has jockeyed into contention, knocking the Bose QC35 off their pedestal as the undisputed king. Certainly, the Bose QC35 are still a strong offering, with slightly superior noise cancelling and overall comfort in comparison to the Sony MDR-1000x, but the Sony cans’ superior sound quality, advanced features and controls, serious comfort, and competitive noise cancelling make them a better overall choice, if a slightly more expensive one.

If you want to buy some new pair I suggest you to visit this link.

hi,

in my opinion, Sony MDR-1ABT is best in over-ear headphone class of sony.

Advantages:

1. You can expect better sound quality and great ambient sound reduction.

2. Good bass range.

3. Very high upper pitch range.

4. This is a great set of headphones for bass heavy music such as dubstep or EDM.

5. Weight: 300 Gramme

Negative point:

1. these larger headphones are obviously less portable than earbuds.

2. Little Problem in connecting to HP Laptops. (dial HP Support in this case)

Thank you.

S.Lindberg
Explorer

Which one is better is up for personal taste when it comes to the noice cancellation and sound quality at this point. They are both VERY good at what they do however i personally tend to prefferr the sony cans.

Some reasons:
*FAR Better soundquality over bluetooth (if you have an LDAC compatible device)
*Faster at establishing a connection (bluetooth) and much less fiddely.
*Four Noice cancelling modes compared to the bose 1 (which is always on). These modes include: On, Off, Ambient and voice (voice tries to only let in the frequencies at which the human voice is present. Its not perfect but still very good).
*Sleeker design due to it not having any obvoius buttons poking around.
*Simple to use and intuative touch controll interface. You dont have to fiddle with buttons to play and pause music.
*Better Noice cancelling imo.
*The fact that you can turn off the NC to allow for non-distorted music listening. The NC system taxes the headphone speakers and lets in a slight "roomy" feeling when listening to music. Its not bad, actually quite enjoyable, but for HiFi buffs this distortion might get annoying. Also you can skip the slight pressure the NC system imposes on your eardrums).
*High quality feel, even the very nice colour-coordinated audio cable is nice to hold and use.

Some reasons against the Sony headphones
*They get fairly warm form use (the earcup is basically closed adn because of this less air can circulate inside of it, making your ears fairly warm after 2hrs of listening. If you have exema this might be a dealbreaker.
* Less comfortable. This point is very subjective but the Sony headphones impose a stronger pressure around your ears. You will have to test both headphones to see if this is an issue for you.

I own two pairs of the MDR1000x's and im very happy with my purchase. The only gripe i have is the connectivity issue i have with my Sony Tv, but that has nothing to do with the headphones but the lack of a sound reciever (bluetooth) in the TV. So if you think about connecting your very expensive headphones to your tv, make sure you can. The MDR1000x have no Bluetooth issues but not all TV's supports Bluetooth audio natively. A strange issue especially when sony is pushing LDAC everywhere.

jessicanester
Explorer

I recommend you to buy SONY MDR-1000X.This Earphone has many features that mention below:

Key features:
Very effective noise cancellation
Great Bluetooth wireless performance
Excellent sound quality
Review Price: £329

For more information about this headphone visit this link 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-mdr-hw700-review

HP Support Number

profile.country.GB.title
T1M12345
Explorer

I have tried both the qc35 and the mdr1000x and I bought the sonys but it depends what you prefer better.

On the bose headphones they have a very light weight construction and are very comfortable more then the Sony's but you do not have any noise cancelling modes and you can't turn noise cancelling off if you don't want it on.

On the sonys they have a very good audio quality much better then the bose as the bose in some cases lack base and focus more on the mids. The Sonys although may not have better noise cancelling they are almost completely similar but the Sony's have lots of different noise cancelling modes.