Join now - be part of our community!

XM4 ... easier way to disconnect

profile.country.GB.title
ashic.
Explorer

XM4 ... easier way to disconnect

The WF-1000XM3 earbuds have an excellent feature where if a second paired device attempts to connect, the earbuds automatically disconnect from the device it's connected to. The XM4 headset doesn't seem to support this feature, which seems like quite a regression. In the absence of automatic switchover, is there some way of forcing the XM4 headet to disconnect to whatever it's connected to without going to the connected device and disconnecting via its UI? Having to do this is really annoying. For example, picture this scenario:

1. You connected to a mac the previous night. You left your mac upstairs, but within bluetooth range. You closed the lid, so it's in low power sleep mode. 

2. The next morning, you're downstairs and looking to work on a PC. You turn on your XM4, and it automatically connects - TO THE SLEEPING MAC. 

3. There's nothing you can do other than go to the mac and disconnect the XM4 from the bluetooth interface of the mac. 

This just seems ridiculous. Surely, at the very least there should be a hardware button to say "disconnect from whatever you're connected to". Is there really no such option?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I assume it's due to the multi-point feature, try disabling it on the app. You can find the instructions here: https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm4/v1/en/contents/TP0002935899.html?search=multipoint.

profile.country.GB.title
ashic.
Explorer

Thanks for the response. I have multipoint disabled, as I use LDAC with my phone and Linux laptop.