Who Me Too'd this topic

statto007
Explorer

HDMI ARC Issues HT-CT390 & KD-43x8307C

Hi there.

I'm having issues with connecting my new Sony HT-CT390 soundbar to my KD-43X8307C Bravia 4k TV.  Everything seems to work ok when connecting via my Optical cable but when I replace this and attempt to connect using my HDMI cable (4k high speed) from soundbar to ARC HDMI port on TV I get no sound.

Reading Quinnicus post at the top of this forum that this might be an issue I have tried the first three suggestions to no avail.  Point 4 is ARC specific and suggests

"This step is specifically for people who are having problems with ARC (Audio Return Channel) on connected sound deviced such as Soundbars, AV Receivers and Home Theatre Systems. The above 3 steps should fix most problems but if not, sometimes the ARC needs to be enabled in the settings of the device.

The specific setting for ARC is generally located in either the HDMI settings or the ‘Control for HDMI’ settings. Many devices require HDMI-CEC (Control for HDMI) to be enabled in order for the ARC setting to be enabled"

This would therefore seem to be the fix required however I am unable to find where these settings need to be changed in either the TV settings menu or the soundbar menu

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Who Me Too'd this topic