Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
madalin84us
Explorer

Sony TV Remote not working after TV update

Hi

I dont know if anyone is having this issue or not but....

I have purchased  KD-55XD9305 from John Lewis in Autumn 2016 for 2,000GBP

All was ok until a month ago when the TV had a system update from Android 5.1 to 6 (Marshmellow) 

After this stupid update my remote wont work again - it takes 20 presses to actually move thru menus - cant turn sound on/off, change channells, go into netflix amazon etc, i cant even turn the TV on or off - i have to use the buttons on the TV

I had reset the TV to factory but that didnt really helped - it improved it for a day but now its same 

In fact the issue is getting worse - after the update the remote worked ok for a few days and began to decay slowly to the point where it was unsusable 

have tried with other Sony TV remotes, have changed batteries - everything

I had to download and use Android TV remote app - but that is sooo limited and doesnt do half the things a normal tv do (eg change channels or sound)

I am 100% sure this is a software issue - as i never had this problem before this update - also after the update - the voice search stopped working 

also i have a message on the screen saying that the update was stopped because of the bugs it had - but that those who updated should not be worried (REALLY??? bcz there's nothing working anymore)

To add to this - there is no option to roll-back to 5.1 so am now stuck with this issue - which is getting more and more frustrating (Esp when you pay 2 grands for a TV) and wanna change a channel but cant 

How can i solve this or what is the resolution - am seriously thinking of changeing the TV or something 

Who Me Too'd this topic