Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
jaymbee
Explorer

WF-1000X right earbud problems

I have a pair of the new wireless in-ear WF-1000X. There is an intermittent problem with sound in the right earbud cutting out. It seems to be random; sometimes it happens for a second or so a few times in quick succession, sometimes only once in the entire day. This isn’t Bluetooth skipping as the connection between my phone and the left earbud is fine - it’s the relaying of the sound from the left earbud to the right that’s the problem.

It can happen in busy urban areas as well as out in open countryside so I don’t think the cause is extrernal interference. 

I have read several reviews, both in the press (What Hi-fi among others) and on the Amazon UK site, that describe the same issue.

I have tried all the things mentioned in the manual. I have reset the earphones to factory settings, I have switched from the AAC codec to SBC, but nothing has worked. 

Is the WF-1000X likely to get a software update in the future that might fix, or at least, reduce the number of audio drop-outs, or can anyone suggest anything I’ve not tried? There is one instance of a reviewer on Amazon who said his first pair had this problem but his replacement pair were perfect, so maybe it’s a defect in only some of them?

I’d be interested in hearing the experiences of any other owners.

Who Me Too'd this topic