Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
peter_java
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA KD55S8505CBU telly crashing

Hi All

Last night was the final straw for me and my partner. I wanted to throw a glass wine at the telly. It caused me to have a furious row and now I am mad as hell, I wish I never bought the damn thing, curved or not. I guess if make a TV smart and add a CPU, general purpose computing, firmware then it is I should know that there are going to be bug. I am an IT engineer, but this is ridiculous.

SONY BRAVIA KD55S8505CBU

This telly keeps crashing ever since there was an Android TV upgrade. It is out of the warranty, because I bought it from PC World / Curry in April 2016.

I did a factory reset last month just before the World Cup. I re-entered my WIFI, Netflix, Amazon TV credentials. I even switch off the auto update. The telly crashes at least one evening every week. It happens 5 minutes when I switch it on.  The sound suddenly goes when it happens, then the screen goes black, and then 30 seconds, the spinning Android circles appear on the screen. The TV has self-boot booted. It reminds of Windows' blue screen of death or Linux kernel oops.

How do I get a working update that fixes this crashing issue?

What is the version number of the firmware that fixes this bug?

Who Me Too'd this topic