Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Random Android Reboot

I have seen previous comments of a similar nature but wonder if anyone is currently experiencing the same now.

My 2017 Bravia XD8305 49" is nearing the end of its warranty (the previous one listed 5 yrs 2mths!) so I aim concerned.  Since last Android update in March 2021 I have experienced random rebooting of Android system. I have not been establish any pattern. I have tried switching on TV first then and Virgin V6 and the reverse.  Sometimes on switch on or soon after : sometimes after about half an hour- sometimes more.  In all cases (but one) the sound goes first followed by the picture about 10 seconds later then blank screen and reboots Android when it restarts where I left off.  

I reported it to Sony who had me doing factory reset etc. without any change. Told to be patient and it would be sorted in next software update.. Except it isn't .  Another factory reset. Locking up. remote not working. Unplugged from wall got it going but not solved. Told I have been to be patient again as it has been referred up to technical (again!). Virgin Media say they have no knowledge of problem.

Surely I can't be alone?

Who Me Too'd this topic