Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.US.title
gkalliamvakos
New

Sony A90J major motion issues - stutter

I have 2x Sony OLEDs... The Sony AF8 (2018 model) and recently got the 55" A90J. We all know the motion issues and stutter that comes with the OLEDs due to their frame hold time. Given there was a lot of buzz about A90J around its motion handling, i was actually expecting the stutter problem not to exist anymore, knowing we are talking about a flagship product.

After spending a couple of months with the TV, unfortunately i am extremely unhappy with its performance in slow panning shots. If you have MotionFlow to off, you literally cannot hold yourself from laughing with the hiccup on horizontal or vertical panning scenes. If you put it custom, and you start playing with the  smoothness, then unfortunately the slider has only 4 positions.

Point 1 is making things better but still all panning shots are having issues and considerable stutter.
Point 2 is actually making panning shots smooth but it looks extremely artificial + introduces artifacts even on 4k content.

So why Sony cannot provide more points in their slider to allow users to further experiment to find their sweet setting for smooth but not SOE playback?

It could be .2 points or .5 points instead of jumping from 1 to 2.

Anyone else having the same issue with stutter? All articles are misleading people by saying that this TV is top class in motion, but you can't say this when you can't actually play smoothly a panning scene from a movie without heavy frame interpolation.

Tags (4)
Who Me Too'd this topic