Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skimpychimpy
Visitor

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

Hi,

I just tried putting in my serial number and product ID number into the checker on the Support site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SGPT121GB_S/news/Xperia_S_series_notice2

But all the page does is refresh when I click Submit. Has anyone had any luck with finiding out if theirs needs replaced? My bezel at the back is definitely bent out of shape (beside the dock cover) but just want to check if it is going to be covered by the program.

Cheers,

Tim

60 REPLIES 60
skimpychimpy
Visitor

Text recieved this morning after yesterdays AM collection by UPS:

SONY Repair Center. We have recieved your unit and we will keep you informed abouts its return as soon as it will be repaired (about 5 working days). Thank you.

They can't even get their grammar right :wink:

tramman77
Visitor

ARGHH..........Just had a phone call from our friends at Sony. Well the tablet has proved to be faulty (didn't expect that one). Then for the bad news I have to wait for parts which aren't expected in before 7th November. Really really not impressed now. Very very poor Sony if you are going to recall either do a complete swap for a new unit or have the parts ready....

skimpychimpy
Visitor

I also just got this call saying that they are still diagnosing the problem but they will let me know as soon as they have any updates.

I feel a letter to head office coming on here, this is not on. They didn't offer a replacement unit as it was expected to be a 5 - 7 day turn-around time and now this...

skimpychimpy
Visitor

She also kept saying that they had my Vaio laptop. One its a tablet now a laptop and its Xperia not Vaio. Grrrrrrr...

tramman77
Visitor

The language barrier is an additional obstacle I admit. Just cannot believe what is going on. Sony Customer Service is not what it once was.

paulell45
Explorer

Actually this is where there is a dramatic difference in levels of service between Sony and Apple. I have both an iPad and two Sony tablets. If there was a fault with an iPad so shortly after release there is no way customers would be expected to return the device and wait for it to be repaired. In fact faults happened with iPad screens showing a yellow tint and/or light leakage. The iPads could be sent to Apple for replacement or dropped off at an Apple store for immediate exchange.

I'm afraid with Sony I have to try and deal with an inefficient recall system which makes no use of Sony stores and am being asked, if I ever manage to get the device collected, to put up with a repair. This really isn't acceptable so I'm going to request a refund and notify my credit card company of the problems I've had with Sony customer services and freeze the payment to them.

I received another non-sensical e-mail from customer services this evening saying they had no record of me asked for the second case to be collected even though a copy of the email from the carrier was attached to the mail! Not even the hint of an apology for making me wait around for a pickup which never happened.

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Just spoke to a very nice woman at the repair center who has obviously been having quite a few agrevated people on the phone to her...she couldnt offer any info but at least showed a sense of caring!

Will see what happens...

paulell45
Explorer

Reports seem to suggest that the Xperia Tablet will be back on sale next week. I would contact Sony Customer Services to demand a refund for the original tablet and then pick a new one up next week or the week after - or buy an iPad instead.

I'm not sure why any of us are going along with Sony in this farce where we buy a defective product and then are expected to wait weeks while they 'solve the problem' and then have to send it away to be 'repaired' a repair which initially is to take 5 days which extends into weeks...

skimpychimpy
Visitor

I know. I will be asking for a refund I think unless they can provide a replacement. They can stick it!!

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Well things are going from bad to worse...

No call back yet and I am now being told that it is a 48 hour callback period, not 24 like I was told yesterday! Also been told that spare parts aren't due in until 12th November...

I am speechless, they are a bunch of *******. Lawyers letter is in the post...

Message was edited by: -Soup-

Edited to remove recognisable profanity