Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skimpychimpy
Visitor

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

Hi,

I just tried putting in my serial number and product ID number into the checker on the Support site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SGPT121GB_S/news/Xperia_S_series_notice2

But all the page does is refresh when I click Submit. Has anyone had any luck with finiding out if theirs needs replaced? My bezel at the back is definitely bent out of shape (beside the dock cover) but just want to check if it is going to be covered by the program.

Cheers,

Tim

60 REPLIES 60
profile.country.en_GB.title
paulell43
Visitor

I managed to get a refund for mine and all the accessories after it came back from Sony covered in glue. I had to e-mail their UK CEO though and even then they wanted to send it back again to be repaired. They definitely thought they were doing me a great favour in refunding me for the tablet.

As the Xperia Z is to be released at the end of next month, and looks like a better product, I think that the Xperia S will go the way of the S and P tablets and you can largely forget about support. That said I'm likely to buy a Z tablet and have ditched my iPhone 5 for the Xperia Z smartphone which I'm pretty pleased with. Not as smooth as iOS but more interesting and a decent size screen.

Message was edited by: paulell43