Join now - be part of our community!

BBC news clips and National Geographic clips

profile.country.en_GB.title
radio1932
Visitor

BBC news clips and National Geographic clips

Hi there - I love the sony tablet, :smileycool:, but the only thing making it short of perfect in my eyes is that -  if I only knew how to view the bbc.co.uk/news web page news clips.  :anguished:

I select the clip and the spinning wheel stays there forever.  :slight_frown:

The same goes for the national geographic website.

Is there a missing codec support or some other parameter I need to adjust to get all website videos to play ? :thinking:

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
mark1up
Visitor

Hi

You could try the dolphin hd browser from the marketplace ,seems to work for me :slight_smile:

radio1932
Visitor

Hi "mark1up",

Thanks for the tip - I will try it out and feedback asap.

I must admit, I tried several codecs and video players in the hope it would help, but I did not think about the embedded player built into the browser ! :laughing:

I would have liked to have thought that since Android is a Google platform, that their web browser, ( or the Sony derivative of it, as I am not sure who supplies the browser in this instance ), would have been one of the most supported in terms of being able to cope with general web site facilities.  :anguished:

I hope that future Android/Sony updates may include these really essential 'missing' parts, since I think both Android and Tablet S/P have a lot going for them.

Regards

radio1932
Visitor

A follow up !

There are two ways to get this problem sorted out -

1)  Changing the browser did have a modicum of success, but was a little slow off the mark to play - it did eventually play !

2)  What did prove to be a very usable success was finding out that in the apps library window, there was an icon for the adobe flash player settings.

By changing the default setting to 'always on', instead of 'only on for web sites I visit', everything runs quickly and smoothly.

So it looks like the Adobe flash player needs to be a bit more flexible in its default setup.

I was incorrect in thinking that this particular issue was specifically codec or browser related.

:smileyblush:

Rodbillo60
Visitor

Thanks, altered the settings on Flash Player now works great.

keiooz
Visitor

Thanks for the tip. it is nice to play every video in HD. I can't agree more with that.