Join now - be part of our community!

How Do I Signout from Gmail

profile.country.en_GB.title
shliddl
New

How Do I Signout from Gmail

How do I signout from the Gmail on my tablet? I can signout ok using the browser but I am still signed in when I use the app. Any advice please?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

I assume you mean the gmail app, well you dont sign out.

You've set it up and thats that. In fact any email app you dont sign out. In a similar way if you use an email program on your PC, you dont sign out of that either you just close the program

And more importantly why would you want to.

shliddl
New

Many thanks for your reply.

I want to signout for security reasons, such as not wanting to have my email account hacked into.

On my PC the program is not permanently connected to the fileserver, it connects and disconnects periodically and If the program isn't running it doesn't connect at all. Whereas on the tablet the connection is permanently open as I understand. So such a comparison is irrelevant.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

You can set the gmail app to 'never check email' and you can disable the 'automatic sync', or set these at very low frequency.

The connection is not permanently open, it is only open when the app is running and syncing. It does so on set instance.

You can set the connection to always use secure connections.

shliddl
New

Many thanks for your help.

I cannot find how to set the connection to always use secure connections, but as the connection is only open when the app is running, I am happy to just disable the 'automatic sync' and use 'sync now' as and when I want to.

I assume the connection is also open when the Google Play Store app is running, so I will just run these 2 apps  when I need them.

Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Hope you don't mind me saying but I think you're being over cautious. Disabling auto sync sort of defeats the reason for an email app. You could therefore just use the web interface instead.

However for peace of mind why not install a security app on the tablet. There are plenty available