Join now - be part of our community!

How to do a soft reset of your Xperia Tablet S

profile.country.en_GB.title
p4ult212
Contributor

How to do a soft reset of your Xperia Tablet S

Hi all,

For those with the original Tablet S, resetting the device was as easy as sticking a paperclip into the 'reset' hole and job done. With the new Xperia Tablet S however, there is no reset hole - so how do you perform a reset if the Xperia hangs or needs rebooting?

The answer is this - hold down the POWER button and the VOLUME UP button for at least 10 seconds (btw, I hope you also know that by pressing the power button and the volume DOWN button you get a screen shot - but not when the tablet has hung!).

If you hold the Power button and the Volume up button for 10 seconds (or until you see the Sony logo), then release the power button BUT CONTINUE TO PRESS THE VOLUME UP button, you get addional reset options including Restore to Factory Settings - not a lot of people know this!

This should be all you need to either soft or hard reboot the Xperia Tablet S, and whatever your choice or reset, you're back to business 🙂

Message was edited by: p4ult212

4 REPLIES 4

my sony experia  tablet s 

pattern blocked and i forget my gmail account cell no. what to do now to unlock my tab

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

You could try visiting the Gmail web site and click on Need help? and try the different options they have available but I would suspect that as this is the tablets security settings you would need to follow the advise above & reset your Tablet back to factory settings. The reset process will erase all of your personal data that is stored on your tablet.

Hi, my sony xperia z tablet wont switch on or restart. tried the power button and the volume up option and its not working. What happened was it crushed as i was updating the new operating system software or something like that. When i try to put power button a Sony signe appears then a message appears saying "software update failed. Please make sure that your phone is conected to the computer"

Dakalo
New