Join now - be part of our community!

Ireland, when do we get a working service?

profile.country.en_IE.title
kigujra
Visitor

Ireland, when do we get a working service?

Ok we will never get video unlimited or crackle because sony can't be bothered but why can I still not use the playstation store app? Today it said it needed an update which I did and still I get the the not available in your country/region message. So annoying to buy a fine device and be let down like this.

11 REPLIES 11
goldengreen
Visitor

Totally agree with you kigujra. Ireland is just overlooked, and when a big selling point of the device is the playstation store. Sony really did not make much of an effort to say before you bought that these services would not work in Ireland, even on curry's irish web site the description says the following:

The amazing Sony S Tablet PC is a PlayStation Certified Console for gaming anywhere, anytime using the touchscreen or a PlayStation 3 SIXAXIS controller as you can download and play selected PlayStation titles on a tablet for the first time for revolutionary gaming. Music, movies, games & books are easily accessible to get instant access to 7 million songs, 1 million books, over 200,000 apps and the latest movies at the tap of a button for simplistic downloads.

Which is totally misleading for Irish customers.

kigujra
Visitor

I really am starting to hate the sight of the not available in your region message but I do admit to being volatile. I really love the machine and in my case someone went to a lot of trouble to buy it for me and would be very disappinted if they knew about its limitations.

colin058
Visitor

Hi kigujra, i'm in the same boat as you. I'm living in Ireland and i'm not able to access these features at all. Last year when I bought my tablet the sales man said that there would be up to 60 PS games on the Store for download by the end of January but we can't even access the few that are on the store. I have been checking every day since I got the tablet to see if the store had become available and this update yesterday game me some hope but still the same old message once downloaded and installed. I absolutely love the tablet itself though. Can anyone tell us if the store will be open soon or is there any news for the customers in Ireland?

elbaztardo
New

I am also very annoyed by this. Both the video unlimited and the PS store are advertised on the website. Why is this so if customers in Ireland cannot avail of these services? Also why are the apps on the tablet if we cannot use them? I bought this tablet thinking I would be able to download a selection games and videos.

I am also annoyed about the price drop and how Irish customers who bought the tablet on release did not get any content or money back as did customers in other countries.

I would advise any Irish customer reading this to avoid this tablet as it does not do what is advertised on the website.

Sony do not have any interest or respect in its Irish customers so we should not buy their products.

elbaztardo
New

Message was edited by: elbaztardo

Message was edited by: elbaztardo

colin058
Visitor

Hi elbaztardo, Its not just video unlimited and the ps store, its the sony reader store and the select app as well that doesnt work in Ireland. Once I bought the tablet and realised that these apps didnt work I looked onto the website where the original advertisment was and in small writing at the end it said about the ps store and video unlimited that they are currently not available in the republic of Ireland but in the last few weeks this was removed and the 'Available in selected countries only' is there instead so I'm hoping this is a positive indicator, as I said I love the tablet  but I would like to see these features working.

kigujra
Visitor

I hope you are right Colin, I took the fact the message was changed to mean stuff you Ireland you're not getting the services at all. I know Ireland is a small market but this is very poor service.:smileysad:

elbaztardo
New

Im afraid i think kigujra is right that the change to not "available in all countries" means we will never get the service that was advertised first day and which was the reason i bought the tablet. I also agree with Colin that it is a nice tablet but only if it is used to its full potential which it cannot be in Ireland because Sony does not care about the market. I do not want to buy an iPad but i will if these issues are not sorted.

kigujra
Visitor

The select app is working for me now. Big fat hairy deal :laughing: