Join now - be part of our community!

LTE version not connecting

SOLVED
storm1
Visitor

LTE version not connecting

hiya,

so ive had the xperia tablet z LTE for about a month now and love it. I recently purchased a microsim for it on a 4G network. ive enabled mobile data and turned off WIFI. on my screen by the clock I now have signal strength displayed at full.  when I try to connect it tells me I have no internet connection. ive looked through all the settings, restarted several times, even re-inserted SIM card and still no internet connection. ive been in touch with the network supplier and they explained the internet is connected and possibly a problem with my tablet z. does anyone else have this issue? it seems strange there is full signal and no internet connection...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

settings > more > mobile networks > turn on mobile data traffic

also

settings > xperia > internet settings

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

settings > more > mobile networks > turn on mobile data traffic

also

settings > xperia > internet settings

storm1
Visitor

thank you!I had turned on mobile data traffic, but didnt realise I had to download settings in the xperia menu.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

anytime

Tmakedon
Visitor

I just got my XPERIA TABLET Z today and I have tried it all and do not get any data whatsoever on ATT. I changed sim twice, Gone over various APNSs etc, I think its going to back tomorrow if I do not figure this out by the evening .

Tmakedon
Visitor

Love the tablet and do not want to go through the hassle of returning just yet but this thing will not connect through mobil data whatsoever, ATT confirmed all was well we tried like four different APNs I downloaded the xperia internet mms packet for att also, is there something else I could be missing or a step I overlooked? 

lyma
Visitor

I have the same problem. I'm in Australia and have micro Sims for 2 main mobile networks.  I have connected everything according to the manual and so have Sony staff and also mobile network staff.  Nothing makes tablet connect to internet via 3g directly.

In Australia we have 4g access in limited areas,  so most coverage is 3g.

I have discovered that I can connect to internet if I am in a 4g zone but when I move to 3g zone I eventually lose connection and if I try to reconnect in 3g area, the tablet will not!  WIERD!!!

No one at Sony has come across this but I am wondering if the tablet has some inbuilt fault that makes it unable to connect to anything other than a 4g network.

Does anyone have any thoughts or explanations or ideas?  Please!!