Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony Xperia Tablet S Wi-Fi Problem?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bobbyalansony
Visitor

New Sony Xperia Tablet S Wi-Fi Problem?

Hi there - just wondering if anyone out there has the same issues with their new Xperia Tablet S - Firstly, when turning on from sleep (when the Wi-Fi is turned off) it takes 60 seconds for the tablet to re-connect (other tablets re-connect straight away) - this happens whatever Wi-Fi Disconnect Options are selected.

And secondly - does it seem as though there is not enough color saturation on the screen (is there any way of boosting this ?)

Just wondering what others think ?

29 REPLIES 29
maax555
Visitor

Hmm, I only came on here to check if the advice the online chat guy gave me was correct. He told me I could order an Xperia S Tablet online , try for up to 30 days and return if not happy with it. After checking online returns policy this is not true. Shame on you Jamie.

In any case after now reading about Wfi problem I think I will stick to my original plan and wait for the Asus Tf700T to become available. Shame coz if Xperia was HD screen would be excellent.:smileysad:

Mashawan
Visitor

I too am having wifi issues. I have observed the following things which can happen after I put the tablet down for a few minutes, then turn the screen on:

1. The Wifi continually turns itself on, then off, then on etc... Requires a restart.

2. The Wifi locks and cant be turned on (or off) Requires a restart.

3. Sometimes the tablet connects after 10 seconds or so, which alows me to keep using it.

This is a bit frustrating, and I have to reboot the tablet about twice a day.

profile.country.en_IE.title
GregHarrison
New

i have the same problem, i bought my xperia s in america the day it was released and i live in ireland, and the wi-fi connection drops randomly when on the internet and when i try to turn the wi-fi on, on my tablet it wont change to 'On' it just dims and stays at 'Off'

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

from what I can find out a system update is being worked on that should resolve the wifi problem that you are encountering, unfortunately I could not get an actual date of the release but hopefully it will not be to long now..

I expect you'll recieve an update-icon next to the clock, and a pop-up notification once the update is available..

Could one of you please post once you notice the update is available however if in the meantime I hear of anything before one of you I'll let you know..

Sorry I can't be more specific..:smileysad:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Narathan
Visitor

Well, I'm already glad to hear its a software related issue - this is seriously the first tablet I've ever had thats got no screen or hardware issues on the first batch. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me! For now I'm using advanced wifi lock to keep the tablet awake so it doesn't drop wifi. Not perfect, but the drain is so minimalistic that it doesn't bother me too much till the update hits the tablet.

janwisteria
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus  I'll certainly advise when I see the update. I'm  using advanced wifi lock too. Not ideal but It'll  do!

Mashawan
Visitor

Are you not finding Advanced Wifi Lock to be a massive drain on the battery?  I left it on overnight and the battery manager rported the app accounted for 18% of my battery usage.  I had only 4% left 😞

janwisteria
Visitor

hi mashawan

hardly any drain at all. I can use the tablet on and off all day and still have about 30-40% left at the  end of the day and then leave overnight and there  wasnt a huge amount of difference maybe 10% max  although I can't be precise as I haven't  been closely monitoring. Certainly hasn't stood out.

janwisteria
Visitor

release 5 just downloaded which stated wifi issues. Will see if it solves it and let u know.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Narathan
Visitor

Whats this "release 5" you mention? a patch? does it come OTA? Excuse my ignorance.