Join now - be part of our community!

Older Apps appearing upside down on my tablet s

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kopite42
Visitor

Older Apps appearing upside down on my tablet s

Hiya,

I dont know if this is tablet s specific or a honeycomb issue but when I try and use certain apps that where not designed for the Tablet S they appear in Portrait but upside down(if you are holding the tablet in your left hand thick bit)

The screen doesnt seem to auto orientate around when you hold the tablet up so I have to turn it around to use it in this format. Anyone else havign this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

this is a honeycombe issue, combined with poor programming of older apps, combined with the tablet s (or similar 2 portrait, 1 landscape orientation, camera center top of landscape screen devices ) not yet existing at the time the apps were programmed and not antcipated for.

Apps that are still maintained by developers, you can be sure will be updated for this forward compatibilty issue. Augmented reality apps such as layar also show problems. Perhaps next android update will build in a flip-portrait function, it is a logical addition to the compatibility scaling that version 3.2 update introduced 3 days ago. have a little patience -this version of the software is very new and not restricted to the sony device alone.

you can contact the maker of apps via the market and report the problem on your new device. (sony tablet S, android 3.x)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have some older apps which I have not updated and they still work.

Could you maybe provide some example apps so a few of us can also try. I have not come across any yet that do what you mentioned so hoping that it is something simple.

kopite42
Visitor

A couple of games that are having the issue are nano panda and blast monkeys. 50 languages as well has the same issue.

And

Antipaper Notes HD Also has the same issue

Message was edited by: kopite42

Message was edited by: kopite42

Fran3539
Visitor

hi

I am having the same problem but with the tom cat, argo &suduko apps. I have tried deleting  & downloading them again but still experiencing the same problem.

grateful for any advice

Thanks 

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

this is a honeycombe issue, combined with poor programming of older apps, combined with the tablet s (or similar 2 portrait, 1 landscape orientation, camera center top of landscape screen devices ) not yet existing at the time the apps were programmed and not antcipated for.

Apps that are still maintained by developers, you can be sure will be updated for this forward compatibilty issue. Augmented reality apps such as layar also show problems. Perhaps next android update will build in a flip-portrait function, it is a logical addition to the compatibility scaling that version 3.2 update introduced 3 days ago. have a little patience -this version of the software is very new and not restricted to the sony device alone.

you can contact the maker of apps via the market and report the problem on your new device. (sony tablet S, android 3.x)

kopite42
Visitor

I had a feeling it might be a honeycomb issue but thanks for confirming :slight_smile:

I`ll message some of the makers and see if they are going to be updating for honeycomb.