Join now - be part of our community!

Serial number & WiFi Mac address and treacle

profile.country.en_GB.title
confuseduser
Visitor

Serial number & WiFi Mac address and treacle

Hello.. I am trying to register my Sony S tablet with Sony. The serial number (as printed on the tablet and confirmed by the dispaly within its settings) will not be accepted by the Sony web site.

It keeps informing me my serial number is incorrect.

I have grown weary of double checking it, putting spaces where there are none, standing on one leg with my finger in my ear to see if that gets the site to accept the number..all to no avail.

I have tried to register it via my computer and via the tablet. And putting that information through the tablet a few times is like treading in treacle. In fact the whole business of registering with Sony is a PITA. One registration should cover the lot... arghhhh.

I might try to continue...but is it worth it?

Is their music site (register again) their movie site (register again) games site (register again) worth it?

Besides that I quite like the tablet, and my wife thinks its great.

2 REPLIES 2
mark1up
Visitor

hi

try putting in the serial code without the "sn" in it,just the numbers :smileyhappy:I was doing the same ,hope this helps

to-tom
Visitor

One login for My Sony and one that covers all other sections. This can be Sony Entertainment Network or Playstatioin Network. Which I Like as it keeps my accounts seperate.

With the serial number I left a space between the two groups of numbers or but a hyphen between the two.

My first Sony product since the first Walkman, once you get the system it is a lovely product and the  software is just amazingly easy to use. From a nubie, stick with it, well worth it.