Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet owners: What is you favourite Android App or Widget?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sony Tablet owners: What is you favourite Android App or Widget?

As the Tablet is new I thought we should have a thread so users can share their favourite Apps or widgets that they are using on their Sony Tablet.

So come on people please let us know what your favourite tablet apps's are & why..:smileyhappy:

Feel free to also upload images/links if you wish..:smileywink:

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.en_GB.title
Aldouk
Visitor

Rockplayer for playing avi's

faithx

Bubble shooter :smileyblush:

This is of course until I finish my nights and get to have a proper play with it :slight_smile:

Back at Uni on Monday, so will be looking at things to make my life easier........

profile.country.en_IE.title
anobrie79
Visitor

ES File explorer, excellent for accessing content on my home network .

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for that anobrie79 just the app I was looking for to access my home network :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

I dedicated one of the homescreens in (landscape) to display

my last private mails, synced calendar, last work email mails, side by side with three widgets

I check private email with gmail, and use its widget , 3 icons wide and all but 1 icon high.

I check work mail, an exchange server, and use the widget, 3 icons wide and all but 1 icon high.

In the middle of the screen, i have the calendar widget, 2 icons wide

The remaining bottom row holds icons to the gmail app, mail app, contacts and bookmarks to the webmail interfaces of some other emails that I use infrequently.

I like the 'keep screen on' button widgets (toggles screen to stay on, or go to sleep)

I like the 'wifi always' widget.

Both for use in combination with DLNA server to stream from tablet to TV.

The Tablet S comes programmed and installed to save battery so much, that it makes wifi go to sleep often if you don't invoke apps to avoid it doing so.

A nice file manager for this tablet is: File manager HD. Very good layout on this size tablet.

QuickPic, to browse the photos on the sdcard of my pocket camera [Lumix]

To see and browse the photos and vids on the external SDcard, I did the following:

- click upper right corner: Settings - Browser: Included folders - Add: [the default SDcard1;  confirm add ]

- tapped included folders a second time, Add: [navigated to mnt/sdcard2, confirm add ]

- back out from QuickPic's settings menu

- click upper right corner: New Folder, select those two folders on the sdcard2 that hold my pictures.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

Message was edited by: breedBenR

--steve--
New

my favorite app so far is bsplayer lite, it was free (always a good start), and it found my time capsule without any problems and played my avi files directly. I had issues with es file explorer having to download the file before play back. only annoying thing is that it insists on creating a thumbnail for each file when you first go to a new folder, if theres a lot of files, it can tak a couple of minutes !

profile.country.CH.title
knight_lancelot
New

My favorit apps are the following:

• qPDF Notes

It can open PDF Files and highlight and underline text and put some Notes in the PDF File as well.

Works great for school and university, when they have their presentations on PDF.

• Pocket Informant-Events Tasks

A alternative calendar with more features.

• Filemanager HD (Honeycomb)

• Opera Mobile web browser

browsing comfort

• VNC Viewer

Control your Computer remotely

• OfficeSuite Pro 5
    • Create and Edit Word / Excel and Powerpoint Documents.

What I am Still looking for is a App that manages Pictures - .jpeg and .RAW / .ARW pictures.

profile.country.no_NO.title
Huey-Norway
Visitor

I'm loving nfl gamepass, needs subscrption to nfl network though. That said, the picture quality is amazing. Game: a little addicted to doodle god. Music: spotify does the job perfectly. General interest: I never get bored of standing on the veranda at night with google sky map (i think that's what it's called) in hand, a fantastic AR app.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
heonder52
Visitor

What I am Still looking for is a App that manages Pictures - .jpeg and .RAW / .ARW pictures.

Photo Mate can do the trick.

Message was edited by: Thalamus.