Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Tablet S - Stock / Customer Service Issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
Fifi_LaFret
Visitor

Sony Xperia Tablet S - Stock / Customer Service Issues

Can anyone tell me what is going on with this tablet?  On Monday I was told that this tablet was in stock and would be delivered the next day, Sony happily took my money.  Every day I have called them and they have said "tomorrow.. oh yes it has been dispatched".  Now I have received another email saying it's being dispatched and will be delivered tomorrow but the courier says it has not been collected!!

I am starting to get a little infuriated especially as I am hearing rumours that the stock has been recalled due a technical fault and now it is no longer marked online as being in stock anywhere?  I would just appreciate a little honestly from Sony's Sales staff.  Is there a problem with this tablet? Have I been fobbed off and they were only pre-order?

Anyone?

(Sorry for the rant, I have waited in every day this week and getting infuriated with customer services). :laughing:

8 REPLIES 8
janwisteria
Visitor

Hi

I bought mine from a local Sony  store. Not pre-ordered either. Certainly not been told of a fault or withdrawal. I would like to think as an owner they'd  have told me!

profile.country.el_GR.title
Nikos84
New

Hi ,

And me i bought  it from a retailer five days ago without need to preorder it. Also it works perfect , without a problem. I'm very happy with my choice.

Message was edited by: Nikos84

Paraphasia
Visitor

I am in the exact same boat Fifi_LaFret

buckmp
Visitor

I have noticed that there's no stock aswell.  spoke to a Sony shop and they are saying that its totallly random if they get anything, and that lot of them are going missing in transit.

However, it does have a few issues:

1. wifi dropping when screen is off - should be a software issue not requiring recall.

2. taking ages to wake up - known Tegra 3 issue, Also should be software should be fixed with firmware upgrde.

3. Case creaking issue - obviously hardware althougth can't see sony recalling for that.

So I don't think they have recalled unless the issues 1 or 2 are really faulty hardware, but sony had the wifi issue with the original tablet s and fixed that with a software update apparantly.

Message was edited by: buckmp

buckmp
Visitor

K there's reports that a software update has been released fixing the WIFI issue. trying to get confirmation, but that would confirm that its a software issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

buckmp wrote:

K there's reports that a software update has been released fixing the WIFI issue. trying to get confirmation, but that would confirm that its a software issue.

Correct, an update for UK Xperia tablets was released today & which according to replies has resolved the wifi connection issue..:smileyhappy:

Reports of the Xperia tablet being recalled are, as far as I am aware, not true..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  Fifi_LaFret,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Hopefuly you have recieved your Xperia Tablet now..

hungerdunger
New

Exactly the same for me.

I ordered it on Monday morning (17th).  It was marked as dispatched on Monday night.  No delivery by Wednesday PM so I phoned Sony - they couldn't find any tracking details.  Same again on Thursday, so as I needed it by 24th as a birthday present I cancelled with Sony and ordered through Amazon (which came on Saturday).

However on Friday I received a text saying that the one from Sony would be collected on Moday (24th)!!  When I phoned them they explained that it had been too late to stop the dispatch, so I was left in the stupid situation where DPD would be delivering the Tablet and collecting it back on the same day!  Luckily the couriers saw sense and agreed they would just ship it back to Sony.  Let's hope I eventually get a refund.