Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet as a hotspot

profile.country.en_GB.title
IanIreland
New

Tablet as a hotspot

I have a Tablet S with WiFi and 3G.

I would like to use the tablet as a WiFi hotspot so I can connect other devices and access the internet using the tablet's 3G connection.

Can anybody advise how I can do this?

5 REPLIES 5
gugabackhand
Visitor

What is the OS on this? I believe you can do this using Windows functions. I'm not really sure on how to do this but I believe it is possible. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

that is the other way around. The poster wants the tablet to be the hotspot and for example a pc connecting to it. Not vice versa.

gfds23467
Visitor

there is an app called wifi hotspot/ wifi tether by droid.apps which does what u are asking for I think

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

breedBenR wrote:

that is the other way around. The poster wants the tablet to be the hotspot and for example a pc connecting to it. Not vice versa.

Hi breedBenR,

If you read more of this users posts you will realise that there is no inherent knowledge of either tablets or Vaio’s and very little knowledge of computing in general.

My guess is that gugabackhand (plus many other user names adopted by this person over a period of time) assumed that the Tablet came with a Windows operating system as the question was very clear. Basically he/she are posting one liners in all forums which are a complete waste of time and invariably cause nothing but confusion for the OP.

Very sad but it would seem that there is little we can do about it apart from pointing out the errors as you have done...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.pl_PL.title
bapawla26
Visitor

Unfortunately, this feature isn't available natively like on most Android headsets running Android 2.x

Maybe there will be a change in the upcoming ICS firmware, because it will unify the software on tablets and phones. I've already tried some apps myself, but thos without "root permissions" don't seem to work on wifi and bluetooth. Haven't tried PDAnet which needs a client on the PC also, I'm assuming that it will work using the USB cable and maybe Bluetooth.