Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Z - shocking customer service

Tallica_bear
Explorer

Tablet Z - shocking customer service

Hi,

i would just like to share my experience that has been on going for TWO months.

I reported my problem to Sony in October. The volume button was stuck on my tablet and it was constantly in safe mode. I sent the tablet off hoping to have it fixed in a few weeks, two months later and we're still going!

The first problem was getting any feedback about what was being done. I was told after a few weeks that they had issues sourcing a part(still cant get over this part) so they would either replace my tablet or fix the original, whatever arrived with them first. Needless to say this dragged on for a few more weeks. I then contacted them again asking for my issue to be escalated. I received a mail and call back from management apologising etc etc and that they would send me an upgrade, Z2, as everything was taking so long, extract from email:

"However due to the length of time you have been without your device we have been able to arrange to upgrade your device to the Sony Xperia Tablet Z2 (SGP512).

We have confirmed that we currently have white stock available for this particular model and we can order black stock in for you if you would prefer."

I immediatly replied to the email saying white was fine. This was on the 20th of November. Another week passed and i wondered why i had heard nothing. So i started to email asking for updates. All i got was we are looking into it, sorry. Then i was told this week that the item was out of stock, it's almost unbelievable at sometimes.

I called yesterday and asked to speak to management again due to the issues. I was guaranteed a call back by the end of the day. Can you guess what happened next? No call back. So i called them 15 minutes before closing time and was promised, yet again, a call back. They told me the escalations team are busy and are making their call backs after 5pm. I'm not sure why i even believed them this time, yet i did. Yet again, no call back.

I rang this morning to check why nothing had happened. I was simply told "i dont know why" and the escalations team are not in over the weekend so back to square one.

Two months they've had my tablet with no end in sight.

Has anyone any advice on how i can get my tablet back, or the replacement?

Looks like i'll be without it over Christmas as well. I had even planned to purchase a PS4 after Christmas, not a chance now. I will NEVER buy another Sony product again.

Very disappointed by it all, am in shock such a large company can treat people like this.

thanks for reading

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tallica_bear,
Will pass your comments on to one of our contacts within Sony in a hope that they can help, if we receive any feedback we'll update this thread..

To avoid confusion I have removed your other duplicate thread..
Tallica_bear
Explorer

thanks

ViperGRM
Explorer

Really poor from Sony. The best course of action is to pursue a claim via the small claims court. The setup process and all be done online and it's quite straightforward to initiate. PM me if you need any assistance. Your claim should be for the value of the original item, or if Sony respond to your claim with a settlement; such as a replacement Z2, then the case can be closed. If Sony don't respond to the small claims letter then a court date will be set and a representative from both parties will need to attend court. It's clear to me what the outcome will be. Sony - do the right thing and sort this out now. Awful service.
flipside101
Explorer

@Tallica_bear 

I had simlar issues getting any response from support. Sony are too fragmented with multiple contact points not only forum wise i.e here and the https://talk.sonymobile.com sites but also support teams . Products liens are spread across different support areas and there seems to be little centralisation of account data as i had to consistently reexplain my uissue as i moved from department to department.

My adivce would be keep going as i did get my issues fixed in the end