Join now - be part of our community!

To cradle or not to cradle?

profile.country.en_GB.title
aardvark4design
Visitor

To cradle or not to cradle?

I am thinking of buying the Sony cradle but think that £35-£40 is a bit steep! I have made my own but would like to know if the Sony one does anything that mine does not?

Message was edited by: aardvark4design

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I think the best option would be for you to visit your local Sony stockist & see what features the Sony cradle has then you'll know the differences to the one you have..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

....Or possibly to visit some third rate eBay shop to see what features they offer.:smileywink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
aardvark4design
Visitor

Thanks but my nearest Sony store is miles away!

aardvark4design
Visitor

rich912 wrote:

....Or possibly to visit some third rate eBay shop to see what features they offer.

Now theres an idea....helpful and amusing? :laughing:

mpattenden
New

Without knowing what yours does it's hard to say!

I have the cradle and use it nightly to charge, and use as an alarm, it easily slips on and off without fiddling with the charger socket - it also starts the cassandra app that I use as an alarm, news headlines and weather.

Now all these things could be done manually - and yours may, if not that's basically the main features!

HTH

Padster

Message was edited by: mpattenden

typos

aardvark4design
Visitor

mpattenden wrote:

Without knowing what yours does it's hard to say!

I have the cradle and use it nightly to charge, and use as an alarm, it easily slips on and off without fiddling with the charger socket - it also starts the cassandra app that I use as an alarm, news headlines and weather.

Now all these things could be done manually - and yours may, if not that's basically the main features!

HTH

Padster

Message was edited by: mpattenden

typos

Thanks Padster that was the sort of info I was looking for! It sounds like the only main benefit is not having to actually plug the socket in but for less than half the cost of the Sony one I may stick with mine.