Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen not responding after update

profile.country.en_GB.title
Borndippy
Visitor

Touch screen not responding after update

Updated my tablet yesterday which seemed to go fine however now when it boots up and asks for my passcode as soon as you enter any number it locks up - the number selected doesn't register and you can't press another one.

Pressing OK or back space doesn't make it freeze but how on earth can I get into it? Tried resetting etc. but makes no difference.

5 REPLIES 5
austingrd
Visitor

This is interesting. Have yu tried rolling back then apply the update again? https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

@austingrd

If you had a Tablet you would be aware that rolling back is not possible even if you can get past the pass code...

Hi Borndippy,

Unfortunately as a reset has not resolved the problem I think you will need to contact support. :slight_frown:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
thoscott6
Visitor

i have just tried the update and the tablet hangs up at the point it says powering down, any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi thoscott66,

You could, at your own risk, try forcing a shutdown by inserting a straightened paper clip in the reset hole but personally I would contact Support before trying this as I am unsure of the consequence of this procedure in this circumstance.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

is it a passcode on your tablet, or one from your SIM card for 3G?