Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrade to ICS ?

profile.country.GB.title
yellowshark454
New

Upgrade to ICS ?

ICS was launched in UK the day before I went on holiday so I passed as I neeeded the tablet whilst away. Since returning I have seen plenty of negative posts; Has anyone got good things to say about it - currently not inclined to upgrade

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Negative posts? ICS is much better than HC

profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

I would have to agree with sehuxle - ICS has been better for me and I've not seen any of the issues that have been mentioned here or on other forums. The browser is more responsive, the mini apps are useful (I'd like more options!) the data on SD cards is readily recognised by native apps......all good.

I do have a theory here though in that the complaints are are always going to be what makes the news and the there is a silent majority who like myself have no issues, but then we are all guilty generally of focusing on faults rather than success. I have to say one of my main gripes still is that we cannot use the NTFS file format or the apps that support it as you need root access for those apps and I'm not prepared to go down that road.

SO on the whole I'd say upgrade.

HTH

Padster

profile.country.en_.title
penfold02
Visitor

I wouldnt upgrade. See my post here and others agreeing that they too have this issue.

https://sony.co.uk/discussions/message/784500#784500

Mine has been rebuilt several times, Sony aftersales have had it twice and it still hangs on apps and internet is a joke. It does it in their offices too so its not my internet. I've asked for my money back and its been refused as they say it does work just not as quick as it should!!!!

Hopefully Jelly Bean 4.1 will be released soon for us and it will resolve the issues.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Whilst there are issues mentioned I've not had any since upgrading to ICS. The only issue is the screen flicker which is an ICS issue not a Sony issue. It is possible that the issues are hardware related.

One of my main problems with HC was the blocky scrolling in the web browser, this has totally gone since the upgrade.

So I still say upgrade.