Join now - be part of our community!

useless tablet, useless service

profile.country.en_GB.title
chvince31
Explorer

useless tablet, useless service

To all considering sony products. Beware. I have given Sony my loyalty for years with purchases of 4 different cameras upto a top of the range Alpha camera. Top range camcorder, Laptop. stereos etc. Never needed support for any, however bought xperia table s when they first came out nothing but trouble. Kept turning itself off. Contacted customer service who gave instructions for a complete reset. did that and on restarting it had lost half the loaded programmes. Spent hours on line, on the phone and talking to call centres all over the world. No success. In addition wanted to transfer my reading library from my sony e reader. In the process was locked out of my waterstones account and lost access to a substantial library so had to start again. Further advice on resetting and I now have to do this on a regular basis to try and stop it becoming unstable. Internet gave details of jelly bean upgrade. Only happened in America. I discovered. Tablet now turning itself off again. 

Tablet is now discontinued as is customer service

DISGUSTED. could have bought I Pad for same money. My 3gs continues to upgrade and 6 yrs old. Wont by Sony again. Will buy Samsung as my current laptop sf310 has been the model of reliability as has my televisions. SO SAD HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS WITH SONY BUT NOT A PENNY MORE> THEY DONT CARE

2 REPLIES 2
ClarissaW

Hi chvince31,

Sorry to hear about this: would you be able to share your tablet serial number and your customer casenumber so your case can be found?

Many thanks

Clarissa

Dans2000
New

Had similar problem. Wrong tablet delivered. Customer call centre repeatedly failed to collect, reply to calls or emails. Totally useless customer service, and half of the people who work in the call centre in Egypt can't understand English properly. A disgrace. Apple are miles ahead in terms of customer service and product design. Sony market themselves as a premium brand but they ate bargain basement now. Even behind Asus and Amazon in terms of tablets as well as Samsung of course. They will end up going into Chapter 11