Join now - be part of our community!

What's the latest firmware version for the Xperia Tablet Z?

SOLVED
Mattias
Visitor

According to the Swedish and British Sony website, the latest version for the Xperia Tablet Z is 10.1.1.A.1.253 released on 17th of May.

But this is the latest version for the Xperia Z (phone) not the tablet Z... Or am I wrong?

It's a bit confusing, when the manufacturer cannot keep track of the phone and tablet... Slightly_smiling_Face

18 REPLIES 18
mattst
Visitor

I also would like to know when 4.2 will be available?

Thanks.

Samuel1
Hero

Unfortunately we don't have any information regarding upcoming updates. All information is published on our blog:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com

maskedv3
Visitor

I just want to ask why all the update/fixing information are come from XDA but not SONY? Should we trust XDA more than SONY?? Why WIFI version got its update but the news was not announced by SONY?? Also, SONY replied one of the LTE's user exFAT update is being produced then why SONY cannot announce this news officially in here or SONY web site???

hu5h55
Visitor

My firmware says 10.1.1.A.1.253, but swedish the sites says that 10.1.1.A.1.307 is the latest version. Why haven't I received this? I tried both with the software update app and the sony bridge application on the Mac. Am I'm missing something?

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Craig
Visitor

I have a 16gb lte xperita tablet z. I live in Austria and its build number is still 10.1.1.A.253, when apparently theres a new firmware out, which is called 10.1.1.A.307. How do I get this? I live in Vienna btw.

AndroidGyan
Visitor

ancientferguson
Visitor

Sadly not yet in the UK.

Sony are slow, slow, slow.

dnastase
Visitor

Slow is sometimes good.

It happened in the past that companies updated the whole world at once and the update was faulty.

That's how they learned to do staggered roll out Winking_Face

drlmiles1
Contributor

I downloaded 4.2.2 two days ago in PC Companion on the LTE version of the XZ tablet, in the UK. There was no OTA update at that time.