Join now - be part of our community!

When will sony tablet S get Ice Cream Sandwich

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
podler99
Visitor

When will sony tablet S get Ice Cream Sandwich

Is the sony tablet S going to get updated to Andoird 4 Ice Cream Sandwich? If so when?

Ice cream sandwich looks awesome and I'd love to see this on my tablet S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi podler99,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

There has been no news from Sony regarding Ice cream sandwich at the moment, if Sony do make the upgrade available I'm sure someone will post on this forum..

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi podler99,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

There has been no news from Sony regarding Ice cream sandwich at the moment, if Sony do make the upgrade available I'm sure someone will post on this forum..

podler99
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for the welcome.

I was kind of hoping someone from Sony keeps an eye on these boards and could maybe give us an official line on the schedule.

But yes i'm sure we'll get a post from someone here the second it officially lands.

Here's hoping it sooner rather than later.

YY_Bronx
Visitor

Still no update of Ice Cream Sandwich??

which_enduro
New

I'm in the market for a tablet and the Sony S is at teh top of my list, but it's worrying that i cannot find any official info on whether the tablet S will get ICS. lack of support and not announcing the update before xmas will make my mind up to get the Asus tablet.

hope we have some info soon.

Cheers

Rich

smellyonion
New

ics is more about bringing honeycomb to phones and therefore the upgrade isnt that significant for tablets. although I am 90% sure that ics  will come to the sony tablet as they have been releasing updates month on month so far and next update is sometime in december and promise updates for up to 2 years as per their phones.

aboammar
Visitor

Wrong, ICS is to bring huge improvement over Honeycomb and Gingerbread plus many new features for both smartphones and tablets. hopefully it will come to my Tablet S.

smellyonion
New

like? its a huge improvement for gingerbread not honeycomb.

at last you do not need hardware buttons thanks to the system bar and you have a thumbnail of apps for multitasking. hmm where have I seen this before? alot of the new features really have no place on a tablet like nfc.

the only benefit to honeycomb would be the ability to create folders and improved web browsing.

leon2112
Visitor

sonyluvi
Visitor

Any date for ICS, it's 6 weeks since the announcement??