Join now - be part of our community!

Why can't ITV Player app be downloaded to Sony Tablet S

profile.country.en_GB.title
kakosma
Visitor

Why can't ITV Player app be downloaded to Sony Tablet S

Sony Tablet S will not download ITV Player app. Says not compatable with device. Why is this?

4 REPLIES 4
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sadly I do not think you will find an official reason or statement here as to why it is not compatible but from the app description on the store, they advise you check supported devices on http://itv.com/itvplayer/android

Looking at the compatibility, it is incompatible with all of my devices and since the phones I own are not the newest phones, I doubt I will see it. This is what I see...:(

O2 Unknown GT-I9000
This item is not compatible with your device.
Sony Sony Tablet S
HTC HTC Wildfire

You could always contact ITV via their support to get some sort of explanation. Hope that helps.

monovector
Visitor

TubeDigger can help you to download ITV Player videos on Windows and then you may convert dowloaded videos to be played on any device.

siddys
Visitor

I have the ITV player app on my Tablet  S all working?

It may be an earlier release ? , the name of the apk install file  is aiITVMOBILEPLAYER-1000000.1.0.0.apz

DavidGelman
Visitor

I had the ITV Player app on my Sony Tablet S when I first got the tablet about a year ago and it worked well. When the various Android upgrades came through, I applied them and all the apps continued to work. I had to send the tablet to Sony for a warranty repair and it came back factory reset with everything cleared off. I then found that I could not load the ITV Player or Doodle Jump which was one of my favourite games. Both had the message the they were not compatible with the Sony tablet s. I cannot get an answer from the Android Play Store even though I had paid for Doodle Jump.