Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z4 Tablet battery life

Bo_Zaid
Visitor

Xperia Z4 Tablet battery life

Hi,

I have recently bought my Z4 tablet from Hong Kong and I have been using it for more than 2 days and unfortunately the battery life has decreased from at least 18-20 hours (without Stamina mode) after full charge to around 7-8 hours after full charge now.

I have no idea why this has reduced and what is the solution for it.

Additionally, I have a Z2 Tablet and with about 90% charge it shows that it has about 5 days of battery life !!

Anyone can help or advise if this is a manufacturing issue ??

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Bo_Zaid

Settings > power management > battery > what has been using up your battery?

Bo_Zaid
Visitor

53% is Screen 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Bo_Zaid

That's normal, the screen will use up about 50% of your battery. 

drlmiles1
Contributor

When I first got my Z4 tablet a week ago, I had great difficulty getting it to charge to 100%. I think this relates to updates that installed as soon as it connected to the internet, and a period of "settling down" with all the software. I have observed this happen a number of times with updates on my Z tablet and Z phone previously. By the end of this week, the power drain seems to have stopped and I have had no problems getting a full charge into it. I'd suggest waiting a week to see if everything settles down

m229
Visitor

Mine is the opposite. I have a Z2 tablet and a Z4 tablet, the Z2 lasts about 12 hours only on a full charge. And that is if I just leave it sitting as a clock, with no useage.

The Z4 on the other hand is estimated to last 11 days 12 hours with similar activity.

So far 3 days.

Screenshot_20170815-085009.png