Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 tablet Radio app not recognizing any headphones

SOLVED
hannelore55
Visitor

Z2 tablet Radio app not recognizing any headphones

FM Radio app keeps asking for headset. Latest attempt with Sony MDR-E9LP headphones, 13.5 mm plug. Any advice on this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hannelore55
Visitor

Hi,

Got a new headset from the nearest Sony Service (in Sweden) by mail today. Tested it a few minutes ago - works perfectly. And what is most amazing: all other headphones also work now. The differences between the old and new headphones are that the new set has a small on-off switch and that the new plug has three "rings" instead of two. So it's a four-conductor connector.

Happy again with my tablet!

Riitta

A former computer professional : D

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Are you using Sony's headphones?

SergioPL1
Contributor

He just said that he is Winking_Face

Are other apps playing through headphones without issues?

Try to restart Radio App. Settings / Applications / All / FM Radio / Force stop & clear data.

It will erase stored stations.
hannelore55
Visitor

@SergioPL wrote:
He just said that he is Winking_Face

Are other apps playing through headphones without issues?

Try to restart Radio App. Settings / Applications / All / FM Radio / Force stop & clear data.

It will erase stored stations.

Hi all,

The tablet does not recognize headphones at all, in any application. So there must be something wrong with the connection. All headsets work perfecly in other devices. Have to take my tablet to service.

Thanks!

Riitta (Ms)

SergioPL1
Contributor

Keep us updated Slightly_smiling_Face
hannelore55
Visitor

Hi,

Got a new headset from the nearest Sony Service (in Sweden) by mail today. Tested it a few minutes ago - works perfectly. And what is most amazing: all other headphones also work now. The differences between the old and new headphones are that the new set has a small on-off switch and that the new plug has three "rings" instead of two. So it's a four-conductor connector.

Happy again with my tablet!

Riitta

A former computer professional : D