Join now - be part of our community!

Z4 slow wifi, fast 4g, lags and bad battery life

SOLVED
fluff
Visitor

Z4 slow wifi, fast 4g, lags and bad battery life

Hi all

My new Z4 tablet (5.0.2) is so much slower than my Z2. Amyone else experiencing this? 

On WiFi websites load extremely slowo, rather quick however on LTE. 

Battery life is also much worse than on my Z2 with two profiles. What could cause this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Frankpep

How fast is your WiFi connection? 

as far as battery life

We'll need more info to better assist you

charge the phone 100% use it as you normally would then once the battery reaches 10%

settings > power management > battery > take screenshots of:

1. the list

2. tap on the graph and take a screenshot

3. back > tap on the top 4 items on the list > take a screenshot of each 

post them all here or upload the screenshots to box or dropbox or google drive or etc and post the link

fluff
Visitor

Referring WiFi speed:

Screenshot_2015-12-01-21-58-01.png

Have a look at the screenshot. 

The ping on the WiFi is terrible. And it is not my WiFi causing the problem. On my laptop i get a 20ms ping also and speeds of 15Mbps down and 25 up. As you can see in this screenshot: 4G has a much quicker ping. Not sure why this is?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
fluff
Visitor

amazing... it really makes a huge difference. The top three results have been done in safe mode:

Screenshot_2015-12-02-08-19-51.png

Download speeds and response times on my tablets are much faster in safe mode vs. regular boot. 

What can I do to find out what is the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Frankpep

Then its a third party app leaching your WiFi 

fluff
Visitor

could be also one of the Sony apps that comes preinstalled 😉

What about the general lag of the system opening apps or navigating? My Z2 Tablet is much quicker than my Z4 and I have more stuff installed on there, never did a complete restore of the system and still it is running faster....

Thanks for your help!

JonC1
Contributor

I also have both a Z2 tablet (32Gb wifi) and a Z4 (32Gb 4G)...  The Z4 vs Z2 lag might have something to do with the Z2 running Android 5.1.1 whilst the Z4 is stuck on 5.0.2...?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Frankpep

Safe mode disable third party apps, so it has to be an app that was downloaded not preloaded

fluff
Visitor

The lag i experience on the Z4 tablet is terrible. I hope it does have to do with the lower OS version and it will get sorted out once it's updated to marshmallow.