Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
johndstephen83
Explorer

Has anyone else experienced 'dirty screen' when camera panning on a bright screen? I'm sure this is worse now after the firmware update. Could this be the case?

Nibor99

I installed the upgrade on my TV this morning - but noticed the "Screen Format: Full" message appearing in the bottom left hand corner whilst watching ITV4 tonight via my Virgin Media TIVO box. This has never happened before.

Yes - it is annoying!! Has anyone any suggestions?? Or is it a bug requiring a Sony fix??

The user interface does appear to be much quicker.

My TV is a KD43X8309CBU

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Nibor99 wrote:

I installed the upgrade on my TV this morning - but noticed the "Screen Format: Full" message appearing in the bottom left hand corner whilst watching ITV4 tonight via my Virgin Media TIVO box. This has never happened before.

Yes - it is annoying!! Has anyone any suggestions?? Or is it a bug requiring a Sony fix??

The user interface does appear to be much quicker.

My TV is a KD43X8309CBU

Seems like the same bug that is affecting 3D. Does yours keep popping up regulary while watching the program?

Twobins

I was getting that screen full format message on my 43x before I sent it back three weeks ago, so its not a new problem.

UKPiglet

First evening after applying the firmware and trying to watch Netflix.

On the Sony kd55x9305 over and over again the picture froze while the sound continued. The buffering circle showed.

Exiting Netflix and restarting made no difference. After many retries at watching things anything I chose buffered to a point (often 97%) and then stopped there.

Went through to room with a Samsung and had no problems watching the things the Sony was unable to get.

The "hold the power button on remote till reboot" didn't work. Turned off at wall, waited and then turned back on. Finally managed to watch things.

oXide11
Explorer

50W809C

I have problem to update firmware in my TV. I have been trying to update it via online update and USB. The USB method is restarting my TV while file coping progress bar is updating, when trying via Sony Online Update service 2123 message is shown. Can anyone can help me?  My USB stick is 8G flash memory formatted to FAT32. I have tried to restart to factory settings. By storage restart function in settings, noting seems to be working. 

Is there any specific USB need to update TV. 

Try reformat the USB to NTFS and download the update again (it could be a
error with the package, I don't think so, but just be sure)
oXide11
Explorer

I have tried 3 time. I don't think that NTFS will work with Linux based systems. 

That what i have tried. 

- Downloding new firmware file x3 

- Restarting to factory setings x4 

- Restarting by pressing Power Button 

- Formotting to exFat and Fat32 the USB

- Downlading via in system update service Error 2123

n.mccormack
Explorer

Just had the new firmware update (UK).

The interface seems quicker but still two issues, one that was promised to be solved by a CS agent:

(1) Sound lag on external device connected with an analogue or optical lead.  I believe they only corrected the issue for HDMI.  Can firmware fix my issue or is this a hardware issue?

(2) Netflix still sometimes refused to switch profile and hangs.  I have to force quit the app in Settings or reboot the TV.

I like the new Discover function when watching TV but I'd rather have the above fixed first!

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@n.mccormack

Not sure if it is any help regarding Netflix, but after the new firmware update, the Netflix app appeared in the play store on the TV. Where it wasn't there before, there was no way to check for updates for the app, but now, there is, and there seems to be an update for the Netflix app its self! Maybe, just maybe, updating the app will help!