Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
djadrianc

Could be a HDMI issue as the only problem I've had since updating is the
loss of casting.

My oldest HDMI is the one on my PS4 which came with it last match
--

Thanks Adrian

Sent from my Mobile
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogger38

frogger38 wrote: 

Further info for people testing the firmware:

1) I have discovered that the screen format pop up problem can be cleared or at least very much reduced in frequency if I power cycle the TV. But it returns or gets more frequent as the TV is used over a period of time requiring another power reset.

Thanks for the additonal info, however Sony needs for find a perminant solution to this.  I have not experienced this myself, my primary method of using the tv is via a network media player, connected via hdmi to my av receiver.

frogger38 wrote:

2) I too, have now suffered the blank screen but with sound problem described by others in this thread at which point the system becomes so unresponsive it has to be power cycled by unplugging as the 'hold the standby button' method will not respond.

Do you know who or what page on this thread that people have reported this?  Just so i can provide backup confirmation that this effects multiple people.

frogger38 wrote:

A nice feature to consider would be the ability to back up our customisations to a USB stick so we can restore them after a factory reset that seems to be needed after firmware updates. I have taken to recording my tweaks on a spreadsheet. Of course then we have to re-install apps etc. So save downloaded apps to the stick also. 

Funnily enough, I have suggested this to Sony in September last year.  :wink:

kabedin28
Explorer

I recently purchased the KD-43X8305C. 

Tell me, is it normal that when I change digistal channels, there is a 3 - 4 second delay bewteen channels?

Twobins

There was a four second delay in mine and that's one of the reasons
why I returned it. I was hoping it would have speeded up after the new
software update. Was in Currys this morning looking for a new TV and
the salesman was happily extolling the virtues of these Sony android
TVs. No mention of the problems many of us had been having.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kabedin28

Have you updated the firmware ro the latest?  As this was largely fixed for me since the new update.

Cheers

@haberdavid wrote:

Someone has a proble, with playing movies in plex app.

It seems like the movie has a little lags when playing it on the android tv app.

Any Help guys...

Have you enabled "Direct Stream" and "Direct Play" in the advanced settings menu in the PLEX-app on tv?

And try disabling the "Audio Passthrough" function - did the job on my set, with latest firmware

haberdavid

Where is the audio pass through function on the tc menu? 

john.pringle

I too have the blank screen but sound problem that Frogger 38 posted only cure it by powering off  very annoying because its happening fairly often.  I thought the update would fix it  but it hasn't. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

I note that there are still reports of the following two issues.  Can anyone provide more information.

1. Black screen and sound.  What actually happens? Is it a specific app or watching tv?
  2. Lip sync issues - what devices or apps etc?

Cheers

johndstephen83
Explorer

Lip sync - only noticable when watching blu Ray/DVD's. Netflix appears fine although only tested it a couple of times for around 5 minutes.