Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
sjschofield
Explorer

It wasn't just me then.  Agree with you totally.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

There is an issue with Bravia sync and the sound settings with live football. I have a Sony 1050 AV Receiver and when I choose footbal mode it switches my amp sound setting to Sports and it used to switch it back to standard after switching off. However now it stays on football sound mode which of course I change back to standard. However as soon as I load Sky guide it switches back to sports mode!

Only way to stop this is turn off bravia sync, but I should not have to do this!

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

select sports picture mode from action menu and do not use football button on remote

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@notspurs wrote:

select sports picture mode from action menu and do not use football button on remote

Yeah this is what I have been doing as a workaround. I assume you have seen this issue too?

Anonymous
Not applicable

*Sigh*

Another bug to add to the list...  I can confirm - Football mode issue

Test

Watching football on NowTV via the PS4 with audio via AV receiver. Turn football mode on and watch.  Speakers 'echo'.  Turn football mode off and speakers still 'echo' with stadium effect.  

Work-around solution for me was to turn to a terrestrial tv channel and then switch back to PS4. After a 5-10second delay football mode is off - 'echo' stopped

alwhite40

I'm experiencing a frustrating problem with my 43W805 not retaining picture settings.

When I come out of standby after a long period of time (e.g. overnight), the TV seems to have forgotten the picture settings, even though it appears to be set correctly, i.e. Cinema Pro mode. The picture appears way too bright and unnatural, like it has reverted to Standard mode.

To fix it I either have to change to another input, then back again, or switch to another picture preset, then back to Cinema Pro, or go into standby again then switch on again. Obviously I'd rather not have to do that every time I switch on - this is such a silly bug, you'd think Sony could get get the absolute basics right.

There have been reports of this problem from other people here and on another forum I visit, so it's not just my TV.

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

yes had this issue. I leave soundfield on Sony amp on A.F.D.  hate the Stadium effect when selecting football mode

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Anonymous @notspurs

Thanks for confiming. Would it be possible to ask Sony not to change the sound setting on my AV receiver when selecting sports mode? The only time it sounds ok is for Sky Sports, but BT sport sounds like and echo mess!

@alwhite40

Have you got auto picture mode selected? Sony broke this a couple of firmwares ago meaning it locks to the last chosen setting.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/feb-2016-update-android-auto-picture-broken/td-p/2112055/page/2

alwhite40

@Risc0n 

I've always left Auto Picture Mode off as it doesn't seem to do anything, or I can't tell what it's supposed to be doing.  As you say, it's broken, so that may explain something.

I have Cinema Pro selected for all inputs, which I sometimes change manually to Game mode when using PS4 or Xbox.  Everything is connected to a Denon AV receiver using HDMI4.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@alwhite40 wrote:

@Risc0n 

I've always left Auto Picture Mode off as it doesn't seem to do anything, or I can't tell what it's supposed to be doing.  As you say, it's broken, so that may explain something.

I have Cinema Pro selected for all inputs, which I sometimes change manually to Game mode when using PS4 or Xbox.  Everything is connected to a Denon AV receiver using HDMI4.

Have you tried both a reset all picture settings and factory reset? With these Android TV's it is best practice to do a factory reset due to the firmware being a full update rather than incremental. This is why it takes so long to update!

Also if it is the AV 2200W / 3200W then have a post in here https://www.avforums.com/threads/denon-avr-x2200w-avr-x3200w-owners-thread.1970691/page-70