Join now - be part of our community!

49 XD7005 HDR?

Mrquimper
Explorer

49 XD7005 HDR?

I have just purchased a XD7005, it was advertised as a HDR TV. On reading up though it states that HDR will be implemented in a firmware update. How can I tell if this update has been released and if it hasn't when will it be?

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

When the update will be available you will find it at the support page, may be also "on air" if TV is plugged on Web.

Support page of KD-49XD7005:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KD-49XD7005

Manolo

Mrquimper
Explorer

Do you know it will receive this update?

Mrquimper
Explorer

Also the page you linked only has the manual 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Yes, because now there isn't an update for this model. See that page for a future update an to download it.

Manolo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to my spreadsheet AND Sony support pages HERE, the XD70 series TV, such as the one you have is non HDR.  However a Google search indicates some retailers such as Richer Sounds and Simply Electricals are advertising that it is.

I am forwarding this information to Sony and will find out which is correct.  Will be in-touch.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Italian datasheet and Sony UK site say who this model, in future, will be HDR.

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions/xd7505-xd7005-series/specifications

Manolo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Marino.Manolo

Thats interesting indeed, as info i have suggests that it isnt:

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@Anonymous:slight_smile:

Italian datasheet:

Sony UK Site:

Televisions   Flat Screen   LED TVs   HD   Full HD TVs   Sony UK.png

XD7505   XD7005   XD7004   XD7504 Series Specifications   Televisions   Sony UK.png

Click on the litte number "2", near to "YES", open this message (right column is for the KD-49XD7005):

HDR feature will be made available via future firmware update -see Sony support website for details/updates.

Manolo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marino.Manolo

Yeah i did see that.  Its probably my info is just out of date :slight_smile:  still sent a query to Sony though, just to confirm