Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Marshmallow will be rolled out.  No date has been set yet, but its likely to be late summer.

Cheers

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Thanks Quinnicus.

If I don't get any other replay with more defined time interval in the following 2 days, then I will accept Your answer as a solution.

Cheers

DMart28
Explorer

Any updated timeline available, or are we still only aware of "late summer"? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DMart28 - Unfortunately therevis no ETA on when Marshmallow will be implemented

Weafyr
New

Still nothing? I was hope in something more for money Sony want for. They could use at least better HW for Android, its fast like android 4.0.4 on phone's released with android 2.3 (Users of Sola, P, U and Go know.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Since posting the target timeframe 3 months ago of 'late summer' - it seems as though this will be missed.  At current there is no ETA.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Android Studio can load Android 7.0(api24) Android TV System Image as Virtual Device.

AVD 7.0.PNG

Just an idea of what we expect.......

DMart28
Explorer

Sorry for the possibly n00b question. What does this mean? Is the post above a confirmation that the 2015 models will not get a newer version of Android now?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Seems not to be a Sony's responsibility, but Google's. That's why everything goes slow.

Maybe Google goes straight to N for Android TVs(better Full-blown DVR capabilities with TV recording - time shifting etc).

https://developer.android.com/training/tv/tif/content-recording.html