Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV - HDMI CEC stopped working - perhaps caused by firmware PKG4.008EUA

profile.country.GB.title
pwebste

Bravia TV - HDMI CEC stopped working - perhaps caused by firmware PKG4.008EUA

Hello,

My KDL40HX723 has stopped sending HDMI CEC commands to a connected device that was working fine before I accepted the firmware update to version PKG4.008EUA

I can't categoricially say that the firmware upgrade was the cause of the problem - but it hasn't worked since then and was working fine a day or so earlier.

It is still enabled in the menus of the TV (and I have tried turning it off from the set-up menu and making it search again).

I have also (just) done a reset to factory settings - but made no difference.

My connected device is a Raspberry Pi (RPi). I used to see the device name appear on the TV ... but even that has stopped working.

I have now tried with 2 different RPi and neither work.

So - before I go around to neighbours to see who else has a CEC enabled TV that I can try with ... is there anyone else here with same or similar model TV who has accepted the recent firmware update and can still use their regular Sony TV remote to control other devices through the HDMI link (not by having the remote talk directly to the other device)?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.uk_UA.title
zetfavor
Visitor

Hello! I have the similar problem with my Sony KDL-40NX720. Today (27.06) I have updated the firmware to the latest version automatically offered by TV... I just clicked "Yes" and the update was performed. But after the successful firmware update none of the 4 HDMI ports are working now. Once the HDMI device is connected (e.g. WD TV media player) the TV shows just the black screen with no response at all. I tried to switch the HDMI ports to no avail. I tried to unplug the TV and then plug it in again with holding the power button for 10 sec with no effect at all. However, it worked perfectly a few days ago before this sad update happened. What's the reason? How to fix the issue?

Thank you...

Message was edited by: zetfavor

profile.country.uk_UA.title
zetfavor
Visitor

I also have the latest firmware PKG4.008EUA installed.

Can I downgrade it to the older version  PKG4.005EUA?

Message was edited by: zetfavor

profile.country.GB.title
pwebste

Sony does not provide a downgrade mechanism (at least - not that ordinary users can use).

The firmware update process seems to check that the version (on USB stick) is more recent or higher version number than the one that it already has - and the package appears to be protected to avoid tampering (and ensuring integrity).

profile.country.GB.title
pwebste

An update in case others find this thread.

It is now working for me ... and I didn't think I did anything different.

Anyway - I'm happy again.

profile.country.en_GB.title
SMFire
Visitor

I had the same problem. All I did was powered off the TV & connected devices. It worked immediately after powering it back on. By powering I mean switching off the mains supply.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
EowynCarter
Visitor

Bah ! Tanks !

That got the TV and Ps3 to chat together again.

Thought no dice for the freebox. Not sure that's up, it did work before I updated both freebox and TV...