Join now - be part of our community!

Delays at switch on.(KDL-40HX853)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Frank278326
New

Delays at switch on.(KDL-40HX853)

Does anybdy experience a problem at switch on whereby the programme guide cannot be viewed or the remote used for approx. 25 seconds. My retailer has indicated that Sony is aware of the problem but no solution available at this time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have an NX723 TV and have the same issue. I put it down to the TV is "booting up". Similar to a PC or Mobile Phone or other device. Alot of things are happening in the background, ie Loading OS, Detecting settings (like network, or external speakers) and various others.

Personally, Its nothing to worry about. TV's have become alot more complicated from the old CRT days. However if that time stretched further like 1 or so minutes, there would be an issue.

Hope that assists.

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have an NX723 TV and have the same issue. I put it down to the TV is "booting up". Similar to a PC or Mobile Phone or other device. Alot of things are happening in the background, ie Loading OS, Detecting settings (like network, or external speakers) and various others.

Personally, Its nothing to worry about. TV's have become alot more complicated from the old CRT days. However if that time stretched further like 1 or so minutes, there would be an issue.

Hope that assists.

Cheers

Bravia55HX

Hi,

^^^^what he said, mines the same (55HX853)^^^^

Frank278326
New

Thanks for the response. I did suspect that the delay was due to it being a "smart TV" but you would think that the internal software would give priority to booting up the everyday TV features especially the remote for changing channels. I would like to confirm our assumptions with Sony but I dont know how to contact them directly although I have not done too much research so far. Have you ever done this?

Thanks again

Frank278326
New

Thanks for your response. Please see my replay to Quinnicus above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Frank278326 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I did suspect that the delay was due to it being a "smart TV" but you would think that the internal software would give priority to booting up the everyday TV features especially the remote for changing channels. I would like to confirm our assumptions with Sony but I dont know how to contact them directly although I have not done too much research so far. Have you ever done this?

Thanks again

Thats ok. To contact Sony, see the link below.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/tvhc

Cheers.

niwhite39
New

On your tv you can turn off the power saving when in standby mode. Your tv will use more electricty but it will be no warm up boot and the guide is availabe immediately. You can also set the tv to learn when you use tv so it gets itself ready for when you want to use it but is also power saving in standby. Its all in your settings, you can refer to your manual or redownload the manual from Sony website or contact them.

Bravia55HX

makes no difference, all the Eco modes are off of mine and its still the same, still its nothing to worry about.

docmagoo2
Visitor

mine does this too. its the KDL-55HX853 as I think one of the other posters said. Its a minor nuisance however it really annoys me. hopefully this will be addressed in a firmware upgrade!