Join now - be part of our community!

Feb 2016 Update - Android - Auto picture broken

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Feb 2016 Update - Android - Auto picture broken

Hi guys, I have been told I need more confirmations of this isssue. Essentially auto picture mode no longer works correctly and gets locked to last previous setting. I need some of you to test confirm so I can get submitted as an official bug with Sony.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set picture mode to auto
  2. Change to say blu ray or ps4
  3. Picture mode will change to game / cinema.
  4. Switch back to TV, mode still locked on game / cinema 
  5. Please confirm if seeing the issue below.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

I can confirm that Marshmallow 6.0 does indeed fix the auto picture issue. Only taken them a year to fix!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
giorgosgs
Explorer

Please try this method bellow and not from the action menu.

Connect to every input and use the sequence Menu>Settings>Display to make the desired adjustments.

For example select HDMI1 and then press Menu>Settings>Display then go to HDMI2 and so on.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@giorgosgs wrote:

Please try this method bellow and not from the action menu.

Connect to every input and use the sequence Menu>Settings>Display to make the desired adjustments.

For example select HDMI1 and then press Menu>Settings>Display then go to HDMI2 and so on.

I am connected to a Sony 1050 AV receiver so this is not a viable solution. Besides it worked before the update, pretty sure it is to do with the 3D pop up fix.

giorgosgs
Explorer

Sorry I thought you was speaking for another device.

Subcalvin
Explorer

I have the same issue. My TV is connected to a soundboard. After the update automatic picture setting is broken. It will always revert to game mode.  

bulbs71179
Explorer

Hey guy's, 

I've also got this issue. 

I've got a sky HD box and ps4 connected to a ht-ct380 sound bar then the sound bar is connected to the TV via hdmi input 4  which is the ARC input.

Picture mode is set to cinema pro for sky HD and auto picture mode is set to auto/24p. 

When the ps4 is switched on the picture mode automatically switches to game but when the ps4 is switched off and sky HD is then back in use the picture mode stays on game mode when it should switch back to cinema pro.

This was working ok before the latest firmware update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Thanks for confirming guys!

@Anonymous Can this be reported as official bug now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!

Sorry - should have done this a couple of days ago 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have reported this issue to Sony and have added it to the current bugs snd issues thread

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2124011#M41102

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Anyone who has updated to the latest EU v3.317(PKG3.317EUB) has this resolved the issue for you?